"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Sunday, April 25, 2010

i love life

Here is what has happened in the last 2 weeks:

Last day at Mentors International - April 9
I was not expecting it going into work that day so it was a little shocking but I can't blame them for needing to force a reduction. The economy is just not helping non-profits these days. I have really been needing a change for the past few months so this truly is a blessing. Just so glad we can maintain positive attitudes in enduring this adventure.

April 11 - My birthday!
It was a great day (Sunday's usually are) spending time with family. Fez and I went to Braza Grill the following night and it was yummy! I am such a lucky girl to have friendships with so many people. Thank you all!

Springfest competition
My clogging team competed 2 dances and we won 1st for both of them! I have really enjoyed dancing this year and being part of a team. The girls are so cute and SUCH hard workers! Nationals is in a couple weeks and we are going to kick butt!

Camping
Fez was able to go camping last minute with a mission buddy and his friend to Moab April 17-18. He had a great time hiking around Canyonlands and using out our camping gear. I hope we get more chances to go out this summer.

South Jordan International Days
Worldwide Association of Performing Artists (a.k.a. WWAPA, or ClogAmerica, the folkdance group I am on) is hosting its second annual International Days in August 10-14. Because of the recent events with my job I have lots of free time so I am now helping to plan and organize this event. So much is involved with these kind of events but it is going to be so fun! I will be helping find sponsorships so if you or the company you work for would be interested, please let me know! We'll have groups from China, Algeria or Ghana, Czech Republic, and possibly Haiti coming to perform!

Our washer broke
Having to fish out clothes sitting in a washer full of water, rinse them out in the tub and drag them to the parents to clean was just awesome... ugh. Pitcher by pitcher we emptied out as much water as we could but what was left was just stinky. We finally got it fixed Friday and I am thrilled to be doing laundry tomorrow.

With finals and a trip to Disneyland on the horizon, life just doesn't slow down.
But I love it.

4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

What fun times you are having. Congrats on doing awesome on your team dances. Clog America sounds awesome, and HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY!!!! Sorry I am late, but happy happy day to you!! :)

Linds Forrest said...

What fun times you are having. Congrats on doing awesome on your team dances. Clog America sounds awesome, and HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY!!!! Sorry I am late, but happy happy day to you!! :)

Brandi said...

Jenny, you are an inspiration! I love that you have such a great attitude about life. I hope Shawnda realizes how lucky she is to have your help, and that she appreciates you. I told Lynne Marie to get in touch with you about her position at SLCC. I think you would be PERFECT for it. Call me if you don't hear from her in the next week or so. Love ya!

Jodi said...

I can't believe how crazy it has been for you guys. I know that everything happens for a reason, so just keep doing what you are doing and that positive attitude will make life so much easier:)