"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

today's thoughts

I love pictures.
They are memories captured in one image
and can bring back emotions hidden deep inside you.

That being said I do not have pictures for this post.
They aren't needed.
I am going to try and do this more often.
It seems like I can't blog without pictures
or a grand event that has happened.

So, here is what has been on my mind lately...

#1- Personal growth. Fez and I made some goals about a month ago and it has been really great to see the little changes. We made personal goals and some as a couple and it has helped our relationship, personally and as a couple. Now, not all of the goals were achieved 100% but it has helped my thinking of the person I want to be and the things I do. I can be a pretty lazy person but I do not like to and try not to be. But I can bite off more than I can chew at times. It's all about balance.

#2- I love the gospel. I love the scriptures. I love listening to church music any time of day. I love General Conference and the encouragement I receive from it. I love that on low days I can read my scriptures, say a prayer, and know I am heard and watched over. I love the primary children I get to teach every Sunday and the lessons they teach me. I love the hope that comes from knowing our Lord and Savior died for us so that we can go through all our trials to lean on him for care and comfort and live with him again.

#3- Gratitude. My cute mom gave an FHE lesson a while back about having an Attitude of Gratitude and gave all us kids a book to write in every night something we're grateful for that day. No matter what is going on in your life, how hard it and trying it is, there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for. Something. I have enjoyed searching my life and the days events to think of things I am grateful for. It is humbling.

#4- Preparing for the future. I have loved being a wife and try daily to better myself in this role. I fall short many times but I am grateful for a husband who reassures me I'm doing a good job. Am I ready to be a mother? Not yet. But I know the day will come I will have this amazing opportunity to love, nuture, and teach my little children the wonderful things of the world and the gospel. I have much to do to better prepare myself for this day.

#5- Eating healthier. I. Love. Candy. Desserts. Ice Cream. Chocolate. This will be a hard one to conquer.

There are probably a billion other things I could write but this is good for now :)

4 comments:

Jenny and Jared said...

Jen I love your blog. And I love that you are setting goals. I need to do the same. and I feel ya on the eating healthy thing. I love sweets way too much!! Can I join you on this one? love you!

Brandi said...

I love your blog too! I need to start posting more of my random thoughts and not just all of my random activities. A few years ago I had a Relief Society Lesson similar to your Mom's FHE lesson, and I am a BIG believer in the power of a gratitude journal. Some days you struggle to write something down, but other days, you fill the page before you know you've done it :) Love you lots Jenny Keep the great posts coming!

Becky said...

This was a great post! Thanks for the inspiration! I've been a bit "blah" about life in the last few weeks, and this reminded me that I need to think about personal growth every day.

Launa said...

Jenny, you remain my hero! Thanks for the inspiration!!Love you!