"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Turkey (Part 2 of 2)

**WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD... AGAIN**

Here is a quick recap of the rest of our trip:

This is during a street performance in Istanbul.
They are always fun as the crowd is face to face with you
and you can interact and take pictures with them easily.
This is Elif, our festival guide, and our bus driver.
He was THE BEST bus driver EVER!
The festival took us to a place called Miniaturk.
It had all the famous sites in Istanbul in 1/25th scale.
This is what the Blue Mosque looks like.
Crazy.
This is Hagia Sohpia.
Both festivals had the stage right by a lake.
One night there was a beautiful sunset.
Nice shot Fez!
This is my friend from Taiwan!
She was so sweet and would get so excited
whenever she saw me.
I miss her already.
We did humanitarian service at a school for
children with handicaps. We performed for them
and gave them each their own goodies
(sunglasses, coloring books, hats, skittles, etc etc)
This was some of the children and the school owner.
We're so cute!
This is Hagia Sophia.
Basically an amazing building.
There is a rich history with this building.
It was built in 537 AD and has been 3 different churches.
The original doors to enter Hagia Sophia.
AMAZING.
This is from the second floor.
You can see Muslim and Christian remainings
throughout the building.
So much detail!
I love it!

I never thought we would have the chance to go to Greece or Turkey and I can't believe that we have been to both now. They were amazing and I hope that maybe one day we can make it back.

Congratulations on a great tour Clog America!
U-S-A, CLOG AMERICA!!!

2 comments:

Shelby Osmond said...

Those pictures are so amazing and what a neat experience to share it with your husband, I would love to do that someday...and I bet it was a neat experience to do service with those handicaps kids that is really so awesome.

Unknown said...

Thanks for finally posting all your pics! I love them! I've never really had Turkey on my list of places to go, but now I definitely do! I'm so glad you had such a great time. It was great to see you and Fez on Sunday as well. We really should get together more often! Love ya, cuz!