"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Czech Republic and Poland

A friend asked me recently,

"Are you ever in the U.S.?"

At times I wish I could say "No" because it means I'm traveling the world, eating delicious/mysterious things, learning history that dates thousands of years, and meeting people that will touch my life forever.

But at the same time the opportunities I've had with Clog America make me proud to be an American and I'm always grateful to be home in a land with so many freedoms and near family.

This summer we went to Czech Republic and Poland. We didn't know as much about these places as other countries we've been to but we were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it was, the rich history that still remains, and the smiles we received from so many people.

Enjoy a few pictures of our travels.

Charles Bridge in Prague

View of Prague from Prague Castle

View of Charles Bridge from Prague Castle

Dancing House designed by Frank Gehry in Prague


Krakow main square

Bike ride through Krakow!


Auschwitz I - Most humbling experience.


Remains of gas chamber in Auschwitz II - Birkenau


Rockin' those 50's!

Devil's Dream

Clog America in front of Town Hall in Zamosc

Zamosc Town Square at night. Beautiful!

Advanced Marriage Therapy in Zamosc

I love these buildings in Zamosc!

Hubert got attached to Fez at the Children's Summer Camp. So cute!

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes at the Children's Hospital

We performed for the LDS members at the ONLY church building in Poland!

Old Town Square in Warsaw
 
Jumping picture in Warsaw

We have been so blessed to get to travel the world like we have. These experiences are engrained on our memories and we look forward to sharing them with our children one day. Hopefully they'll be as lucky as we have been.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Jen said...

When I was on the Rick's College folk dance team, we toured to Poland. Fun to have so many memories!

Ann said...

So you guys are putting all your pictures in a slide show and telling us all about it next time we see you, right? :)