"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, November 8, 2010

Cereal Cake

First off, I haven't forgotten about Halloween. I am working on getting a little post together. It's not too exciting but if I put it out there in blog land I might actually end up getting it done.

On to the post...

I love crafty blogs.
I could spend hours looking at ideas of cute
and frilly crafts, yummy recipes, and furniture redos.
I dream of one day doing some of them.
If only I had the money, cause I sure have the time now...

Today in my browsing I came across this gem and fell in love.

I've always wanted to try and make a cake that looks or is shaped like something and what better idea then cereal! Cereal is practically my life. Next to my husband it is the love of my life (slight exaggeration... but only slight).

I would like to ask for this to be my birthday cake.
Yes, my birthday is in April, but if I ask for it early enough,
I'm almost assuredly going to get it, right?

I would love to do this myself, but let's be honest, without a reason to do it (like a birthday) it's not going to happen. I am just lazy like that (not good, I know. I'm working on it ok...).

If any of you like cereal as much as I do and have a birthday before April I would be happy to try my skills for you. Or if someone doesn't do this for my birthday maybe I'll just do it for myself. I can treat myself right? That way if it doesn't work out I have less of a reason to be embarrassed.

If you like this cake and want to see others like it please visit http://creativebirthdaypartyideas.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

Tim and Heidi said...

If I knew how to do that I would do it for you! That really is a darling cake!

Jodi said...

That cake is so you. I guess your birthday is a couple months away, who knows someone might surprise you;)