"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Merry Christmas 2010!

It's hard to believe Christmas has come and gone already. It didn't even feel like it was Christmas until about a week before and then, POOF! It's over. Here are some of the highlights of our activities:
(I was going to add pictures but of course that didn't happen.
Maybe next time!)

* Jason, Jen, Gavin and Sugar stayed at my parents. Packed house means packed fun!


* Wells family Christmas party was a treat as it always is to see family. We don't get together nearly as often as we should. We had yummy food, a Napolean Dynamite performance, yodeling with Grandpa and, of course, presents!


* Employment! Normally I would not be happy to be working during the holidays but Fez and I were BOTH working which hasn't happened since April! (More on that later)


* We had a little baby shower for Jen with me, my mom and Ann to celebrate the coming of the new little one! We are so excited for her to come, just wish she would be in Utah!


* Christmas Eve was with the Wells family. We drove around Utah Valley looking for things to entertain the kids as our original plans fell through and everything was closing at 4 or 5! It was actually quite comical. We did the Thanksgiving Holiday Lights, Cheesecake Factory for dessert, and presents.


* Christmas morning Fez and I opened gifts from each other. It was a little different not being in our own place and having a tree, but we improvised pretty well. He gave me portabel speakers, workout dvds I've wanted, workout clothes I've wanted and new scriptures with my name on them! I am so excited to start using them! I got him a new white shirt for the temple and a remote control helicopter. It was a total surprise and he has already gotten way good at maneuvering it around the house. But now he wants a bigger one... what have I started?? ;)


* Christmas day was at the Alama's and we had a great time opening lots of presents, eating yummy food, playing games, holding babies, and laughing. It was a wonderful day!


* I performed with The Fab Five at the Jazz halftime show on Dec. 27. It was a blast! Those girls are some of my favorite ever, especially when they are together. Such a crack up! They work so hard and although it's been a challenge to try and keep up with them I am very grateful for the opportunity. We are heading to Arizona for a concert series next week, Jan. 10-14. So if you're in Mesa, look us up and come watch us perform!


* I taught the Relief Society lesson on the Sacrament and it was a special time to really focus on Jesus Christ's birth, life, and atonement. It was touching to see how much he has affected my life as I reflected on my past and gave me great determination to better my thoughts and actions to try and mimic Him. I hope that I can carry the spirit of Christmas and giving the whole year through.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Fun Stuff! Cool opportunity to dance with the Fabulous sisters! I imagine your endurance has improved? hehe. Congrat's on the jobs!!!