"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome 2011!

Even though 2011 doesn't have the same ring as 2010 had or 2012 will have, it's gotta be here so I'll welcome it! I'm not going to do a big recap of the past year but here are some memorial events that happened in 2010.

In February and March two of my best friends got married. It was amazing being present during their ceremonies and participating in the festivities. I am so happy for them in their new lives!

April 9 I was laid off from my job. It was a shock and I was hurt, but understood the need for the company. It was a blessing in disguise though because I was then able to be the Intern for International Days and finish off my last remaining credits for my degree! I am officially a college grad... FINALLY!

Fez and I traveled to Greece and Turkey with Clog America! It was so much fun and I am so happy that he was able to come with me. We really enjoyed how cultural it was, especially in Turkey, and can't wait to go back to Greece some day! We are also looking forward to this coming tour as we're traveling to France, Spain, and Portugal!

Fez was laid off from his job upon returning from Europe. It was a surprise as well but, once again, understandable for the company. He is still in school and they needed someone that could work more often. He decided to just focus on school that semester because he took 18 credits! He got awesome grades though so it was worth it. He also traveled to Kansas City to compete in a Nationals drafting competition where he placed 4th! He also entered a contest to design a home for the owners of La Caille and receive a $1500 scholarship and he won that too! My man is just so talented...

We moved in with my parents in May (on our aniversary actually) and, although it's been an adjustment, we have been very grateful for the hospitality, generosity, and love that we have experienced from both my family and his. We are so blessed to be part of such caring and supportive families especially through this trying time. We couldn't ask for better!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

2010 was quite the year.....Here is to 2011!