"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, August 16, 2010

Behind

Lately I have realized that I am behind in a few things:

#1 Blogging
I have really slacked since coming home from our trip.
At least I got that done.
We have been camping, had a few birthdays,
International Days, job search, etc.
All of which I would love to tell you all about but now you
will just receive a brief readers digest version.
Not as fun.

#2 Job hunt
Everyone is looking for a job.
I have officially been out of work since April.
Granted, I was doing an internship that took
a lot of my time, especially as of late.
But I think I leaned on that excuse a little
more than I should have.
If you know of anything, please share.

#3 Scripture reading
I guess I always feel a little behind in this.
At stake conference Elder Tate challenged us to
read the Book of Mormon 3 times,
each time looking for something specific.
I have done this before and looked forward to it again.

Then tour happened.
We had such good intentions...
So we decided to resume the goal for August.

Then International Days happened.
I believe I am now almost 150 pages behind schedule.
Yikes.
I really don't want to have to start the goal over AGAIN,
but 150 pages behind half way through?
I might as well be at the beginning.

#4 Living space
We moved into my parents house the end of May.
Our house is just as messy as the day we moved in.
It has its good days, but mostly bad.
It's been so long now that I'm just getting used to the mess.
Bad news.

I don't want to get into the habit of keeping it this way.
I love seeing pictures and shows of beautiful living spaces
and dream of what we might live in some day.
It's hard to do that when you have boxes and 'stuff'
everywhere at your feet.

Sigh.

One day I'll catch up.

Right?

1 comment:

Marissa said...

You will! You will! You will!!! PS-I miss my bestie.