"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Sunday, September 12, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude

So many thoughts today.
Most of them are spiritual and I was going to apologize
for such a spiritual post, but I shouldn't have to.
It is who I am...
and I am grateful.

Grateful for life.
This life is so precious. The time we have here is short and much shorter for some than others. A dear friend's husband passed away Saturday morning just before he was to baptize his little girl. They had finalized the adoption of their 3 girls just on Thursday. I am still in shock and can only imagine what she and her family are going through. But the gospel can bring much peace, comfort and love in such a trying time. I know, as well as they do, that they will see their beloved father and husband again one day.
Life is just so, so precious.

Grateful for faith.
Mine has been tried greatly this weekend. And I am so grateful. I have prayed, fasted, attended the temple, and prayed some more. I am totally relying on the Lord and the answers he has provided me. I'm still a little nervous about the decision but I know that whatever happens will be right. I am happy that I recognized the Lord speaking to me and I am acting on that.
Faith Not Fear...

Grateful for the temple.
Fez and I had a wonderful time at the temple Saturday night. It was perfect. It always is. I wish I could spend every day there. It was also the first time I didn't make any mistakes :) I love the closeness I feel from the Savior and our Heavenly Father as well as the love for all those around me. It is just so pure.

Grateful for my talents.
Dancing comes first to my mind and that makes me happy. I love performing and pushing my abilities. It can be such a great release. Therapeutic at times. I have had numerous experiences and opportunities because of dance and I can only call me blessed. I am who I am today because of that talent and those that have been in my life because of it.
I know I have other talents that are not as apparent. I love discovering them and hope that I am doing what is necessary to develop and strengthen them.

Grateful for Fez.
He is my support and strength. I love that we share the same faith and constantly look for ways to deepen our knowledge and strengthen our foundation. We have much to learn from each other still but he is always willing and trusting. He has stuck by me and been a support through the past month especially as we have faced trials, mostly financial (stupid economy...). I love him dearly and can't imagine my life without him in it.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I just cried...thanks a lot. You're amazing! "And it came to pass.." Trials come but it's important to remember they always go. That's the tough part for me. Love you oodles!