"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Photo on my Mind

This past weekend we went to Las Vegas with my family (more on that later). On Saturday Fez and I took a drive to Hoover Dam to see the bridge.
(WOW. It's huge. And scary. I might have to
close my eyes the first five times I go across it.)

While there Fez asked me where the "jumping picture" was taken at. I had completely forgotten about "the jumping picture" until he said that.

Let me explain...
In 2008 I had the wonderful opportunity to be a Building Counselor for EFY. I was part of an amazing team and we were all friends instantly. During the summer we only had 2 weeks off. One week we each did something with our families. The second week off we took an EFY family road trip to Vegas. Spending practically every waking second with these people all summer you'd think we'd be sick of each other. Nope. The trip was glorious.

We saw many sites, shopped, made a banner of the weeks plans, laughed a lot, ate a lot and loved every mintue. At the Hoover Dam there was a bench just calling for a jumping picture to be taken. And thus became "the jumping picture".

This picture makes me happy in so many ways.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Stop, no jump, no jump! :)

Katie said...

This makes my heart so many things. Happy. Sad because I miss this... We need another family vacation...

Linds Forrest said...

such an awesome picture! perfect jumping from all of ya!

Tiff said...

Oh how happy this made me. :) ...Remember the "Never-ending story" video?