"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, March 14, 2011

Fab Five shows

Last fall I was asked by the Fab Five to fill in because one of the sisters was pregnant and couldn't dance in a set of shows they had in January. I was excited and nervous to take on the challenge of learning 9 dances in 2 months over the internet basically by myself. It was tough and I was realizing my endurance level was WAY down so I worked harder. They were all so nice and understanding to me which helped TONS. Of course they were, these ladies are amazing!

(So I'm lame and didn't take one. single. picture.
I had to steal these from Veva... Thanks Veva!)

Just before one of our 8 shows down in Arizona

Funny faces as we get ready for "Circus"

Yee-haw!
I was seriously so blessed to have this opportunity. It couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I had a part-time job so I could practice during the day and didn't have to worry about missing much work while we were gone. It gave me motivation and something to really work towards.

Growing up I had always wondered if I could ever dance and be like "the Whittear girls" and for one week I got to BE one of them. They took me in and made me feel just like I was always a part of the family. I am so, SO grateful for their friendship, kindness, love and examples.

The whole gang!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

You're amazing Jenny! I don't think I would have the endurance to keep up with them! That's sounds like it was an awesome experience. They are all such sweet girls!

Linds Forrest said...

You've always been an amazing dancer Jenny!! Seriously I always wanted to have the high knees like you and grace of turns. :)

Jodi said...

I am sad I didn't get to see you dance with them. I am sure you were amazing!