"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I think I like it here.

My job is going wonderfully! I have been so blessed to be given this opportunity I still can't believe it. I had looked for so long I almost had myself convinced I wouldn't get hired by a good company (especially since we are gone for 3 weeks in July).

And I totally did.

Squire & Company, PC is a tax, audit, and advisory company. They are a great organization who care deeply about their services, clients, and employees. I have been impressed with them since the first day I looked at their website and continue to be impressed daily. The employees are giving, understanding, knowledge, and caring. They've really got it down.

I am learning so many new things every day. I am the assistant in the technology and business advisory under 2 CPA's. That means I get to learn a little bit of everything. Ok, actually A LOT of everything. Just before I started they received a pretty big client and the other assistant couldn't handle all the work load. After being there for a month and having to work some 12 hour days myself, I can definitely see that I was needed (isn't it great to be needed? hehe). I am still so new to everything that we do but try every day to be better and grow. The people I work with and bug with my questions constantly are always nice and teach me so I understand. I felt pretty overwhelmed for a while but realized what wonderful people I have around me. What a blessing that is in itself.

I really could go on but that about sums it up.

Work is busy but good.
I'll be grateful when tax season is over.

I am learning constantly and don't think I'll ever stop.
I love that.

I get to utilize my skills and develop a whole slew of new ones.

Yeah... I think I like it here.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am so happy your job is going well. Keep up the posting you are awesome! Also I think I would like where you are at too;)