"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So Blessed

Last night I went to Savior of the World.

If you don't know what this is it's a play centered around Christ's birth and resurrection.
And it's amazing.

One of my dearest friends plays Mary and she was phenomenal.
The spirit was so strong and I was fighting back tears the whole time.
I get choked up just thinking about it.

I was able to see dear friends I hardly ever see.
I love catching up and having it be like you've never been apart.

This has caused me to reflect on my life and how
so very blessed I am.
Now, I won't go into too much detail
cause I won't be able to stop if I do.

But let me just say I feel so lucky:

To have the husband I do.
He puts up with my quirkiness and emotional times and still lives life, laughs with me, and loves me.

To have the family I do.
We have grown up dancing together, sharing embarrassing moments and laughing non-stop.
To be welcomed and loved into my new family unconditionally.

To have the friends I do.
They are basically my family too. I am who I am today because of all the many wonderful people I have had the privilege of calling friends through the years.

To have the job that I do.
Some days I struggle to make it through, but to think of the poor clients living in those countries that have nothing and with just a tiny bit of hope and financial support, they make a life for them and their children. Microcredit is truly a blessing for all.

I have to stop writing there, but my heart is completely full today.
I know this is not my 'normal' kind of blog post, but I needed to share how blessed I truly am. Thank you for your examples in helping to shape the person that I am today.

2 comments:

Janessa said...

GREAT post! Love it!

Bethany said...

hold my wrist all night long.