"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Friday, January 29, 2010

I support free lunch.

I love going to lunch.
Especially when I don't have to pay for it.

My coworker Bob owed me and my other coworker Lauren lunch.
(names have been changed to protect the innocent)
Yesterday we decided Noodles and Co. was the place.
I had a coupon for buy one get one free, so even better.

The nice cashier man asked us what we would like
and Bob said he really wanted a cheese pizza.
The nice cashier man said, "I can do that."
Bob said, "No you can't..."
Nice cashier man persisted that he could.
Bob, feeling embarrassed, said, "No, it's ok."

We went ahead and ordered and I gave him my coupon.
When Bob was finished the nice cashier man gave us the total,
pushed some buttons and gave Bob's card back.
But he hadn't swiped it.

Bob asked if he had charged him and the nice cashier man said,
"Don't worry about it, it's all been taken care of."
We were a little taken back and Bob insisted he would pay for the lunch
but the nice cashier man wouldn't let him.
And then he gave my coupon back.
WHAT???
Wow. Thank you nice cashier man.

While we ate we proceeded to joke
that he thought us girls were cute, he was just being nice, etc.
But then the nice cashier man walked over to our table...
With a nice, hot, cheesy pizza...
just for Bob.
He gave a sheepish smile and walked off.

And then it hit us.
He must like Bob.
HAHA.

Bob is a very secure man in his masculinity
but you could see the awkwardness of thinking the nice cashier man
might have a little crush on him.
There really wasn't a better explanation for these acts.
(We realized later the entire time at the register
the nice cashier man did not look or talk to anyone else but Bob.
This further supported our conclusion.)


We had plenty of good laughs over this but one thing remains.
We got 4 free lunches that day.

THANK YOU NICE CASHIER MAN.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked my post! I was super excited when Joni posted those pics! That's so awesome you're going with them again. That sounds like so much fun and I'm glad Fez will be able to go with! Is your mom going again? Any chance Matt and I can tag along?? jk When do you go?

Linds Forrest said...

Oh my crap how did I miss this post?! So funny!!