"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

See You in Two

Today is a hard day.
Why?
Because this guy left for 2 years
to serve the people of Eugene, Oregon.


Ty, you made us laugh.
You always knew what movies to see.
You made some great ones yourself.
You always tried to see the good in others.

You had many hard struggles through your life.
Most I know I couldn't have handled.
But you're a fighter.
You looked for those that needed a friend.
And you were that friend.

I am a little jealous you get those missionary experiences of
living in a new place, eating what you have to,
having companion after companion (some becoming great friends),
and constantly thinking about and sharing the gospel with everyone.
I didn't get those the way you are going to.

I can't wait to hear your stories of hardships, joys, and growth.
I am going to miss you dearly
but know 2 years is a short amount of time.
Two that will be most precious to you.

I love you bud!

2 comments:

Launa said...

You are so sweet. Very nice sentiments. Made me emotional. We do miss him, huh!

Janessa said...

Holy smokes! I can't believe he's a missionary! He'll always be about 12 years old to me. LOL! What a sweet sister you are though.