"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, February 22, 2010

Firehouse Chili


This past weekend our ward had a chili cook off.
It was so fun!
You could submit a dish from these 4 categories:
chili, soup, bread, and dessert

Fez and I decided to participate with a chili recipe that was sure to be a pleaser.
It has been in the family for years...
(Actually a crazy old guy adopted us as his grandkids for about an hour
a little over a year ago and emailed us this recipe because we said
we liked chili. Random...)

We've made this chili one other time and it was not spicy enough.
(Even for me and I have a wussy mouth!)
So we decided to add seeds from 5 habaneros out of the 12 the recipe calls for.
Man, oh man, did it make a difference!!!

The cook off was a success!
There was tons of delicious food to taste and our chili was gone to the last bean.
Ultimately we did not win but we still had a great time!
Maybe next year...


1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sounds hot, I don't know if I could handle it)