"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Friday, February 19, 2010

Just a couple things...

Here are some of my random thoughts/activities of my life the past while. Take them for what it's worth...

* I have the weirdest memory ever. I can remember a commercial, song lyrics, and dances from 12 years ago but I can't remember a conversation I had yesterday. Or what I ate for dinner last night. It can be quite frustrating and the cause for humor at times. Mostly I try for the latter.

* Fez and I have been watching LOST. I have seen up through season 4 but didn't watch a single episode of season 5. Naturally I can't watch season 6 until I do. So we've been watching them every chance we get. Season 2 is about to end which means it's going to start getting really weird. I LOVE IT.

* I love treats. I have been wanting to make cupcakes or cookies for about a week and a half now. But my hubby isn't a sweets person. This means I would eat them all. No bueno. Maybe I could wrap some up cute and take them to a neighbor...

* I am grateful for my job. Some days it's kinda boring, but others I enjoy it. I am still working on making a true identity for my position and have a lot of ideas that I really want to implement but don't think the big bosses take me seriously. Guess I'll just have to show them what I'm made of.

* I love random adventures. Going sledding at 8:00 at night, ice cream shake runs at 11, whatever it might be. I wish I did them more.

* I've thought a lot about making the simple things in life really stand out and enjoying every minute. It seems so simple but yet is so hard. I can be such a worry wart (especially about finances) but have really made an effort lately to relax and go with the flow. I am liking the results so far and hope it continues.

* My family is amazing. We are built on such a rock of solid love and complete devotion and support for each other. That has really been proven the past week and I am overcome with emotion each time I think about it. I am TRULY blessed.

* I am so out of shape. I clog every Wednesday for 2 hours and dance one Saturday a month for 8 hours but I am exhausted and my body and feet hurt for about 2 days every time. I have old running shoes that hurt my knees when I use them so I can't run to help my endurance. I am going to have to pop in a work out DVD because that's about the only exercise that will keep my motivated to do it. And next week I am going to a Zumba class. No battle.

That's about it for now. There are more things and I could elaborate on each of these forever but you don't want to read it nor do I want to write it.

One thing for sure is life is interesting. But life is good.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Two things:

I can help you out with all your treats...

You need new running shoes.

If I'm in town, I'm totally doing the June 5k with you. This new found determination is kind of freaking me out though!! Oh well, it will balance out all the treats you're gonna give me.

Katie said...

Dang it, that was three things...

Linds Forrest said...

Love the post. Same thing with sweets and the husband. Well actually he likes sweets but he has something I lack.... control. And girl you sure look great, but seriously try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I swear you will notice a difference in how you feel and you'll totally get stronger. Wish I was dancing with you!!

Launa said...

You already know I'd help out witht the cupcakes or cookies -- we talked about that! I so will work out with you. Let's run. You definitely need running shoes. Dad can help you with that or Brian. They helped me get mine. Come over while Fez is at school and let's do my Biggest Loser workout. You've done it with me before. Maybe Tyler and Dad will join us LOL. Good Luck, girl. You are so on the right track!

Jodi said...

I agree with you about the goodies. I know that I would end up eating them so I just don't bother making them.
Good Running shoes do make a difference, good luck with that and I am sure you are in better shape then you think:)

The Stones said...

Love this post... 1st: your memory? are you pregnant? Jk. 2nd: LOST is amazing, I love it so much and Tuesdays are my favorites just because of it!