"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, March 29, 2010

And the verdict is...

A dislodged rib.
Awesome.

It started out as feeling like a knot in my back muscle that progressively became more of a bother. I would have Fez massage it for me which would help but not for long term.

Last Thursday just before bed he gave me a little hug and squeeze. I felt it half pop and asked him to 'pop' my back to finish it off.
Bad idea.

It definitely popped but not in the way I thought it would.
It crazy hurt! We thought it must be a muscle spasm and got a heat pack to help soothe it. It did a little but I couldn't sleep at all that night.

The next morning I went to the chiropractor and he gave me the verdict. It wasn't a muscle at all but my rib. He tried a couple things but said it was too inflamed from the heat I'd put on it and would just keep hurting me. I was told to ice it all weekend and he'd fix me today.

The pain has almost completely subsided except for when I breathe deep or put pressure on my right arm. Who knew such a little thing out of place could be such a bother?

Here's hoping I've iced it enough for the fix today!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Ooooh that pain is not fun. My ribs pop out ALL the time and it hurts like the Dickens! No good for clogging with either...

Janessa said...

Are you kidding me?!?! That sounds awful. I'd be happy to smash your finger so you don't think about it if you'd like. Wink wink!!!!

Unknown said...

Man, that doesn't sound any fun...I hope the fix worked - Brian, take it easy on the squeezing.