"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Friday, March 5, 2010

oh the excitement.

Today is the start of a great weekend.
Competition this afternoon.
Camping the rest of the time.

It's been about 2 years since I have done a dancing performance.
And about 4 years since I have competed.
I am nervous!

Last night I was slightly freaking out inside that I was feeling nervous.
I have danced practically my whole life
but I am out of practice!

I am very excited to be doing it again though.
The anticipation before going on stage...
Waiting for the music to start...
Telling yourself "You've got this"...
The adrenaline rush as you complete step after step...
The second wind that hits after cheering for your teammates
to keep it up...

I LOVE IT!!!

Fez and I are driving straight to St. George after to meet up
with his cousins to go camping.
We have been gathering essentials for the past few months
and are very excited to try them out.
New tent, sleeping bag, backpacks, stove, utensils, etc.

We aren't hiking into our camping spot
but we are packing and pretending as if we are
so when that time comes we will be ready.

I love camping.
Waking up to the sunrise.
Wondering what adventures the day will hold.
Feeling a little dirt on ya and not caring.
Sitting at a campfire bonding with those around you.

I AM EXCITED!!!

(Hopefully my camera won't die
so I will have pictures to post next week)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow...um yaay for an awesome weekend! GOOD LUCK!! PS remember that time we were on a competition dance team for like a minute? :)

Linds Forrest said...

What a fun weekend! GOOD LUCK at compeition. You'll do awesome. And for sure take pictures of hiking. Sounds awesome!