"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, March 22, 2010

Belated Christmas Present

Well the present isn't belated
but the blog post is WAY belated...

Fez had been planning on what to get me for
Christmas for months ahead of time.
He had stolen my clogging shoes from my parents house
right when I was looking for them to use for class.
I couldn't find them ANYWHERE because of
sneaky Fez and mom.

He dumped them on our black coffee table
one night and took a bunch of pictures.
He then picked 9 winners and
tracked down 9 square black frames to put them in.

I didn't realize what they were when I opened them.
I thought they were the pictures that already come in the frames.
But then I recognized the taps and was so surprised!

I absolutely LOVE them!

My shoes look kind of gross in some of them but it
just shows how much love and hard work went
into making them that way.
It was so sweet to show his support for me
in my life of dancing this way.

We don't have a wall big enough to put all 9 frames up
in our apartment so I picked 3 of my favorite for now.
Thanks again love!!!

Here they are:

That tape was a life saver at times!

I like that is says my name.

Even my mom had shoes!
None of us probably would have danced
if she hadn't started first
Thanks mom!


4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Those shots are AWESOME!!! What a rad present!

Jodi said...

This is such a great present! I love how it turned out:)

Marissa said...

that is so cool!!! love it!

Becky said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
In the near future, I'm going to work on an art wall/collage of things that make me happy. I'm going to have to copy this idea for one of the pics!

P.S. Your blog makes me smile :)