"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, May 3, 2010

Crazy? Maybe.

Fez and I bought these lovely things after Christmas.

I NEVER thought I would own one.
I thought people who did were somewhat crazy,
but good for them.

Now. I. am. one. of. them.

And... I'm slightly excited about.
We have used our camping equipment already and loved it.
I grew up camping in a trailer so this is a stretch for me
but I am open to the challenge.

But... just using a backpack is different than backpacking.
I have NEVER done that.
So we decided to give it a try last weekend.
We walked from his parents house to my parents house.
A whole 1.8 miles.
(yeah, I still don't know how we didn't know each other)

And... It wasn't really all that bad.
They are designed really well so you carry the weight correctly and are comfortable.

Now... This doesn't mean I'm going to be backpacking to who knows where and camping out for 3 days every time we go camping. That's just not my style. But I have agreed to do it once in a while and try to enjoy myself.

I'm getting to be so outdoorsie :)

(P.S. Here is a preview of what I've been working on lately.
Post coming soon.)



2 comments:

Shelby Osmond said...

Oh Jenny that is so great that your becoming more outdoories haha I thought I would't be either but I am starting, maybe we can go together sometime! :)

Jodi said...

The only think I thought was crazy about your adventure, was the weather, but you both said it wasn't bad.

This project, looks fun, can't wait to see it.