"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nationals Competition!

This past weekend was the annual
Nationals Competition weekend at Lagoon.

Despite the freezing cold and wet weather Friday night
and the chilly morning and afternoon/evening Saturday
it was a fantastic weekend!

I love clogging competitions.
It is like a big clogging family reunion.
We see most of these people only a few times a year
during competition season so it is a fun time
when we can all get together and share doing what we love.

Sadly I don't have any pictures from this weekend
except for this one that I stole from a friend on Facebook.
Too bad it's not the best picture, but it's something!

Cambria asked me if I would do a short duet with her a few weeks ago so we put one together. Since her sister LaChere had pretty much taught me my whole life we danced really similar so it was perfect! We did an excellent job Friday scoring the highest short duet of the night and was able to dance off on Saturday for MVP. We didn't make the cut that night but Ayrion and Kandice won and it was well deserved! They rocked it!

Crazy another year has come and gone in the clogging world. I am so happy that I was able to dance this year. It has been a blessing in my life. Maybe I'll still be around to blog about it again next year... Who knows!

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

oh this made me cry!! YEAH!! I am so proud of you two. And glad you all rocked it!!! Miss you friend!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you and I'm sorry we couldn't be there. So no more performances...not even something exhibition? We hope to see you dance sometime and hopefully we won't have to wait for next year.