"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Perfect.

We are in the process of moving right now
so our apartment is a maze and looks like this.

It's been about 3 days of this so we were looking forward to getting out of the apartment for our anniversary and not worrying about moving, boxes, and cleaning.

After Fez got home from work
(that's right, he works at a big office job now!!!)
he surprised me with these gorgeous beauties!


Due to lack of funds and the timing of the move and anniversary we decided not to go stay anywhere. But we did decide to go to this beautiful place.


It was absolutely the PERFECT place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The spirit was so strong and touched my heart to the core.

It was everything I had to not burst out in tears. I was a little taken back as to why I was so emotional and tried to think of all these things it could mean.

But... then I told myself to just enjoy feeling the confirmation that we were in the right place and this is what really matters in life.
Not buying expensive gifts.
Not spending the night away from home.
(Although those are great too, don't get me wrong)

It was just perfect.

Afterward we went to the Cheesecake Factory and ate way more than we should have and of course
ordered dessert on top of it.
You can't pass up cheesecake!

Thank you honey for a fantastic time!
I'm such a lucky woman!

7 comments:

Shelby Osmond said...

Wow, you got me tearied eyed haha... its so true about what you said and I'm so glad you guys had such a perfect day. Congrats on one year :)

AZCougarFan said...

Sis I have to tell you that you two are just awesome! Congrats on your anniversary and many more to come. What an incredible first anniversary story you will now always have to share with your children.

Tim and Heidi said...

Sounds like a good Anniversary to me! Congrats on one year!

Launa said...

Thanks for sharing. It confirms to me what a great couple you are and how blessed I am you are mine!

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary!! I agree, the temple is a perfect date for an anniversary!
The Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite places to eat.
The red velvet cheesecake = a little peice of heaven!!

Jodi said...

Looks like it was a perfect day, I still can't believe it has been a year....where has the time gone?!

Pedro Padro said...

It’s just normal for your place to look like that when you’re trying to pack your things on boxes. Well, it’s perfect timing that you have to celebrate your anniversary. At least, you can take a break from all the stress of moving out. But at the end of the day, you still need to deal with it. Haha! Packing is really a part of the moving process unless you don’t want to carry those things with you in your new home. Hehe!