"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our current events

1 - I won Thriller tickets!!!
But... they are for tonight. I have clogging on Thursday nights so I can't even go. Sadness... :( Fez is going to take his mother though. She has never been and she's going to love it! I am excited for them even though I wish I was going. There's always next year.

2 - ALL of my sisters-in-law are pregnant!
There really is something in the water because EVERYONE is pregnant! (Not me and not for a while. Thanks for asking.) Twins are due in just a couple weeks, little girl baby Wells is due in February, and other little baby Wells is due in June. I love my growing family!

3 - I cut my hair...short!
I've been debating this for some time and chickened out last appointment. Fez gave me a lot of encouragement to just do it and so I did. It's kinda weird! It's only been 2 days so I'm not quite used to doing it yet but I think it's kinda cute. A little shorter than I anticipated in the back, but hair grows and I'll enjoy the change.

4 - I'm going to San Francisco!
Next weekend I am performing for a small but influential group of people with Clog America to see about getting more sponsors and people to come on our tour. Mostly I'm excited to visit my good friend Lindsey who is living there nannying. She is SO fun and I can't wait for her to show me the ins and outs of San Fran.

5 - Upcoming Gala for Clog America
This is news is only about a week old but it's been on my mind a lot. I could get into it a lot but that is not the point of this update. Just know it's happening, it will be a wonderful evening, and I may contact you if you'd like to attend or donate to our silent auction. More to come later.

6 - Still job hunting.
Job hunting sucks. It's the worst waiting game ever. Not to mention it does wonders for your self-esteem. Don't worry, I'm still happy go lucky Jenny but, really, could I just find something already? As always, if you know of an opening or opportunity, please let me know.

7 - I have a secret.
I'm not really sure if it needs to be a secret but I'm just going to keep it as one. (No I'm not pregnant nor trying to be. See #2) It is pushing me really hard physically and mentally. And I like the challenge. I am a procrastinator by nature and this has been good for me to keep up on it and try not to be lazy. I like that it gives me something more to think about and do each day. It's draining doing practically nothing (see #6).

8 - I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
After conference I challenged myself to be better at the basics. I have done a fairly good job of sticking with it but there are times when I forget, sleep in, or do it really fast. Even though I falter I can still feel a difference in my spirituality. I think the Lord knows I am trying and is blessing me still. Also, I am grateful for inspired church leaders who KNOW the Lord and serve him, not matter the consequences. There has been a lot of controversy lately because of things said in conference but I am grateful that my faith is such that it can be tried but not taken.

9 - My parents are in Hawaii!
If you're not pregnant, you're going to Hawaii. At least that seems to be the case lately. My parents are there with my grandma and 2 of my mom's siblings and their spouses. What a fun getaway for the group to take! Of course I am super jealous I'm not there with them but happy they get to take a little vaca. Speaking of Hawaii...

10 - Our Hawaii trip update
We FINALLY spoke with Kenny. It was a miracle. Seriously. He even called US back! Basically the deal is this guy owed Kenny a favor, which is how we were getting the trip, but this guy is now in India and so Kenny is working on a different avenue. He hasn't forgotten us and told us to contact him in 30 days. It's in the calendar. I hope he's ready because we have been for a year! (If you are confused by this see posts here and here for details.)

Welp, that's all folks!

4 comments:

The Stones said...

You are so great. I always feel uplifted reading your posts. By the way, you can't get a drastic hair cut and not post a picture! Please!!

Katie said...

Wow... that's a lot of stuff. I like that you used the word "pregnant" 4 times. Freudian slip, I suppose. Just teasing :) And I would like to see a picture of this haircut as well!!

Linds Forrest said...

Can't wait to see your short hair! So excited you are coming. Your secret is intriguing, but good luck! I would comment about other stuff but I can't stop thinking about you coming out! WOOHOO!

Marissa said...

Ummm hello...! I agree with everyone about this picture. Let's see it short! Sad day about Thriller..are you sure you're not pregnant?..and "secrets secrets are no fun. secrets secrets hurt someone." spill it girl.
Love you!!