"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, February 7, 2011

I am job.

I finally have a job!
(SQUEEEEE!!!)
(P.S. If you have seen Mrs. Doubtfire you may understand the title of this post.)

Next week I will be an Administrative Assistant at Squire & Company in the Technology & Business Advisory area. It's located in Orem and is full-time.

This is going to be a change for me. I have not worked full-time since last April. I have been up and down on this roller-coaster of emotions for the past 10 months. It's been quite exhausting and draining at times having NO idea what was going to happen, where I was supposed to be, what I was supposed to do, or even what I wanted to do.

And you know what, I still don't really know. BUT, I do know that Heavenly Father has a plan and there is purpose in all things. I have become closer to Him and my Savior through this time. I have learned how I can feel and hear when the Holy Ghost is trying to help or comfort me. I have seen scriptures come to life and verses stand out that I never knew were there before. I have been blessed to be involved with activities I would not have been able to had I been working this whole time. I have been humbled in and learned of the simple things that really matter in life. I have learned, and am still learning, that my self-worth is based MUCH MORE on who I am and not what I do.

Those are lessons that cannot be replaced. Those are memories that I will cherish and hold onto when life gets hard.

"Sometimes you have to take a few steps into the darkness
before you can see the light..."

I can see a glimmer of light. And it is beautiful.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay Jenny! That company is lucky to have you:)

Jen said...

WHOOOOOHOOOOO! I am so happy for you! So y'all might be relocating down south in the future since you both work down there huh?

Linnley Marie said...

Yay!! Congrats. That is so exciting, and such a relief!

Tim and Heidi said...

Congrats Jenny! Tim has a job, but he's been looking for a big boy job for over a year now. We know that frustration!Congrats again!

Katie said...

I'm SOOOOOO happy for you!!! Let me know how it goes!!!

Jessica Jaynes said...

I'm so thrilled for you! And in Orem!! That means you're closer to me!! You're great to see the blessings that come from trials and being patient. I hope this job is awesome!

Our Fun Times said...

Love this post!! :) Very sweet, and very AWESOME!!!! Wahoo!!!! Congrats girl, I'm so excited for you and goodluck with it all. :)

Launa said...

Because of your steady faith you stepped into the darkness and plugged along until you saw that glimmer of light. And because you listen to that still small voice guiding you through that darkness you are being led in a direction you need to go. Good Luck and keep the course. You will be blessed. Love you!