"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's Day

Normally I'm not a fan of celbrating Valentine's Day.
I'm not really against it, but just have always thought it to be a bit of a silly holiday.

Being the dumb girl I can be sometimes I didn't say anything to him about my little hopes and wishes of a romantic evening and him surprising me since we both aren't too into the holiday. I just wanted him to know... Yeah right, like that happens.

On Saturday we went to Texas Roadhouse for a yummy dinner and then he said we'd go somewhere for dessert. I asked him where and he said it was a surprise! (yay!)

He took me The Sweet Tooth Fairy!
I've been wanting to go for a while but never had because I didn't know if I could justify spending $4 on a cupcake... well, it's only $2.35!
(still slightly ridiculous but it was yummy!)

Then on Valentine's Day I came home from work to find a long stemmed rose and new plant for my desk!
He also bought me The Swell Season's new album Strict Joy that I didn't buy when it first came out forever ago because we were poor with no jobs. What a good hubby to remember!!!

Thanks love for a happy holiday!!!



4 comments:

Colin said...

if you don't like valentine's you should at least always celebrate amy and emily's birthday. i do.

Linds Forrest said...

What an awesome holiday! What flab or did you ger? Vanilla is rocking! Hope you are enjoying your new job!

Jodi said...

I love that he got you plant, that is sweet.

Jen said...

What a nice hubby! Yay that y'all are coming out to Ellie's blessing. We are so excited to see you.