"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Monday, December 21, 2009

25 Christmas questions

Saw this on cousin Jaron's blog and thought,
Hey, why not??

So enjoy my take on Christmas traditions!
Hope you are enjoying the season as much as you can...
Christmas is only 4 days away!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! I use gift bags pretty much all through the rest of the year but when Christmas comes around, it's all about the wrapping paper!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. Less work, looks great, and you have one guaranteed every year! If you want that pine scent just use a candle or something.

3. When do you put up the tree?
After Thanksgiving. Maybe the first week of December?


4. When do you take the tree down?
First week of January. There is only a week left of December after Christmas so I say enjoy it while you still can!


5. Do you like eggnog? You mean do I like to drink raw eggs? No. No I do not.


6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh man, this is a toughie. Santa was always good to me. There are 2 I remember being extra excited about. We got tickets to the Phantom of the Opera when I was like 10 and my Minnie Mouse vanity set when I was about 8.


7. Hardest person to buy for?
Everyone. I struggle sometimes with this. I think about it too much and then try to be all thoughtful. I'm probably the hardest person for people to buy for!


8. Easiest person to buy for? Whoever gives me a list.


9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes! My mom gave me her ceramic nativity scene she painted in 1983? 1985? Anyway, it's beautiful and has all these pieces. I can't wait to live in a house where I can put the whole thing on display!


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Who doesn't like to get something in the mail other than bills?


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
No such thing. Unless you count white elephant gifts. Than this year I received Stalking Santa. Couldn't even watch 10 minutes worth. D.U.M.B.


12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Hmmm, this is a toughie. Santa Claus the movie is a classic family favorite. Home Alone, Elf, Christmas Vacation, and Muppets Christmas Carol are all top favorites too.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I know who I have to buy for. Or when I receive someone's list.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom makes these yummy treats every year. They're ooey and gooey and get eaten really fast cause they're so good!

16. Lights on the tree?
I didn't know there was such a thing as NOT having lights on the tree.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. But 'N Sync Christmas is a close second.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I love being home for the holidays. But
Christmas is all about being with family and friends. So if they're traveling, I'm traveling with them.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Um, yeah. Since I could sing Rudolph, the Red-nosed Reindeer.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. But our tree has neither right now. All the stars are ugly this year.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Usually pajamas are Christmas Eve but Santa doesn't come until then
so the rest are Christmas morning. So fun to hang out in your pj's!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
People are EVERYWHERE!!! So traffic is bad. And then I get impatient.


23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Our ornament theme is my favorite. Fez and I both have received an ornament every Christmas since we were babies. So our tree is full of them! So many memories. And now we get to make our own.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Cheesy potatoes. Rolls. And a yummy dessert.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Back to the presents thing?? I really do have a hard time with this. I actually just wish to spend as much time with family and friends as I can. And to go sledding at least once.

2 comments:

Jono said...

This was fun to read. I can't believe Christmas is in two days!!!!

Jono said...

Sorry that was really Jodi not Jono:)