"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some songs should never be covered.

Allow me to explain...

When a song has a 'cover'
it means that another artist has redone it.
Either fairly close or not at all.

I actually am a fan of most covers.
Iron and Wine did a GREAT cover of Postal Service
"Such Great Heights".
Alien Ant Farm was not as successful with Michael Jackson's
"Smooth Criminal".

On my way to work this morning I heard a cover for a song
that should never be covered.

I'm sure you all have heard of Adam Sandler's
"The Hanukkah Song"?
Classic.

I'm sure you all have heard of Neil Diamond's
"The Hanukkah Song"...

Huh?
Neil Diamond covers "The Hanukkah Song"???

Yes. Yes he does.
And it is weird.
Awkward.
Not right
.

Really Neil?
I am quite a fan of yours,
but this was a bad move.
Let's stick with your classics like
"America" and
"Sweet Caroline".

If you are at all curious as to what this sounds like
I have included a video for you pleasure.


1 comment:

Ann said...

uh hu! That song is not supposed to be a serious song. I agree very strange.