"...And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay..."
- Iron and Wine

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

i heart christmas time.

Christmas is 9 days away.
9 days.

I got to thinking about ALL the things I still have to do.
Shopping, cleaning, wrapping, cooking, scheduling,
work projects, planning, sleeping, eating, etc., etc...

My mind goes like 100 miles an hour each day.
(which sometimes is bad
because i don't know where to start
and so nothing gets done)


I'm sure you all know how that is.
Not enough time in the day.

But then I came across this.
I don't know how I did, but I did.
And I am grateful.


Yes I got choked up and yes I felt kind of dumb doing so.
But I am grateful still.

I love this time of year.
Not only for all the fun of presents and lights and snow.
But for why we truly celebrate.

I love this quote by President Thomas S. Monson...
"The Spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul...
"to catch the real meaning of the "Spirit of Christmas,"
one needs only drop the last syllable, and it becomes
the "Spirit of Christ".

Among all the hustle and bustle and stresses
that come along with this time of year
I hope you remember the Reason for the Season
as I have again.

1 comment:

Ann said...

just found out Cami's brother-in-law made that video, small world!